Sunday, December 14, 2014

My Mind's Eye - Sleigh Bells Ring - Reindeer - Card in a Box...



Hello,

Today I have used some gorgeous paper from My Mind's Eye - Sleigh Bell's Ring - Reindeer...
Teamed up with some fabulous chipboard from Dusty Attic - I have created a Card in a Box.



I followed instructions from a UK Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine Issue 132 - the Card in a box featured was created by Paula Holifield. I did however, make my card shorter than the card featured in the mag. (I have also seen instructions on youtube for making a card in a box)






I used a vanilla card base, followed by a chocolate layer and then the Reindeer Paper from My Mind's Eye. First cut the card base, then your layers and papers, and adhere to cardbase taking note of the direction the papers will sit when the card flaps are folded into position.


Next, join the card using the tab, the next step is to add the supports to hold your embellishments.
You can position these wherever you would like depending on how many embellishments you would like to add to your card.  I had created two supports then later added a smaller one at the back as I wanted to place my deer in different positions for added dimension.






Using Claudine Hellmuth's Studio Acrylic Paint Sable Brown I painted the Dusty Attic Deer, once these were dry I also coated them with Distress Stickles Tea Dye.






Very carefully, with my craft knife I separated the Merry Christmas - so it would fit across the front panel without sticking out too far from the edges.  Delicate operation here!!  I then painted this the same as the deer and applied glossy accents.



The back of the card is a great place to write your message, so I stamped my Christmas Greeting here.




 I used the reverse side of the paper, and diecut some grass, which I positioned across the front of the card, some more on the second support for the deer in the back and also I added some grass to the back of the card on the message panel.

Ribbon, rhinestones, glossy accents added to the deer and my card in a box is finished.



These cards can be folded flat to be placed in an envelope! Cool huh!?!

Products used to create my card in a box:
  • 12x12 My Mind's Eye - Sleigh Bells Ring - Reindeer
  • 12x12 Vanilla Cardstock
  • 12x12 Chocolate Cardstock
  • Dusty Attic Deer DA0767, Mini Merry Christmas, Mini Reindeer
  • Claudine Hellmuth Studio semi gloss acrylic Paint - Sable Brown
  • Glossy Accents
  • Distress Stickles Tea Dye
  • Impression Obsession DIE096-D Grass
  • Hero Arts Traditional Ornaments Stamp
  • Ribbon and Rhinestones
These 'card in a box' cards can be used for so many themes... If you haven't made one yet - definitely add it to your 'to do' list!!

Thanks for visiting,
Shell
xox





2 comments: