Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Fit For a Princess!


Hi everyone, it's Sue Plumb here with you today sharing my latest creation.

I recently found this gorgeous photo of my daughter and her best friend that was begging to be scrapped, and I knew I needed some beautiful soft, feminine papers to do the job. And who does those papers better than anyone? Prima of course! So I rifled through my stash and found some papers from the Prima Princess collection, which were perfect for creating this project...



Here are a couple of close-ups...



Products used:
Prima Princess collection  - papers and fairytale flowers
Prima Trinkets - Mixed media doll metal embellishments
Prima Elementals - 12 x 12 star stencil
Prima - Divine Roses
Dusty Attic - Dusty in Bloom flowersSpeech Bubble chipboardHeart Arrows chipboard
Kaisercraft - Paper Blooms (sage)
Donna Salazar - Mix'd Media Inx
Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist
Gesso


And here is how I created it:

1. I started by trimming my background paper down to measure 11x11" and distressing the edges. Next, I roughly smeared a light coat of gesso around the paper. After that was dry, I used some texture paste with the stencil to add some stars down the centre area of my paper. I then used glimmer mist and ink to apply my chosen colours randomly to this area.
At this point my background looked like this...


2. Next, I decided where I was going to place my photo and then cut my assortment of Prima papers into different lengths & widths and arranged them in layers on the background.


3. I then applied some flowers, small crochet doilies and a paper doiley to add extra texture & layers.


4. The final layer before adding my photo was a piece of gauze. (I love using gauze as it adds an interesting texture that is still able to be seen through, and also softens the appearance of the layout.) I usually apply the gauze using some scrap cardboard to hold it down (these pieces were cut from an old pizza box), this then provides me somewhere to mount my photo.



5. Once the photo is added, you can then apply your other chosen embellishments. I usually start with the largest flowers and then work from there. Keep adding embellishments until you are happy, then title and journalling if you wish. Once finished, mount your background paper onto a sheet of cardstock.



I hope I have inspired you to create your own Prima layout. If you love the Princess collection papers I used on this layout, you will find them on sale in the store HERE. Otherwise, check out some of the other Prima collections HERE where you will find many other ranges on sale too!

And last of all, don't forget to share your creations with us on our Facebook page HERE - we love to see what you have been creating! :)
Cheers, Sue P

No comments:

Post a Comment