Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Fancy Pants - Be Different - Door Sign


Hi all!

Sue here today sharing something a little "different" I created recently using the 'Fancy Pants - Be Different' range. This creation was inspired by the July challenge at Off the Rails Scrapbooking challenge blog. It's not often I go "off the page", but the gorgeous little monsters on the 'Be Different - Monsters' paper were just BEGGING to be fussy cut, so I decided to create a sign for my twin boys' bedroom door.

{Believe it or not, this sign was actually created from the side of an old cardboard box!}

Here's how I created the background...


My "custom mist" was created using several drops of Donna Salazar Mix'd Media Inx Refill (mine was Verdigris), combined with water in a Ranger Inkssentials Mini Mister. (I love that I can create my own mists like this!)

Once the background was dry, it was simply a case of embellishing it. The words were all cut from the 'Be Different - Oh Boy' paper, whilst the monster characters were cut from the 'Be Different - Monsters' paper. There are also a couple of pieces from the 'Be Different - Ephemera Pack'. (I loooove this pack of embellishments, there are so many cool ones!) I mounted lots of my elements using foam tape to add dimension.


To add to the sense of fun, I also created a couple of little flags from paper offcuts and toothpicks, and used Dusty Attic - Barbed Wire chipboard, which was lightly coloured with Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Festive Berries). The border around the sign was simply washi tape folded over the edges.


I hope I have shown you how fun & easy it can be to create your own decorative items and that you might now be inspired to create your own. If you do, be sure to share it with us on our Facebook page HERE
 
Til next time, happy scrapping!
 
Cheers,
Sue P

No comments:

Post a Comment