Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tokyo Skytree



Hello,

Imagine a tower over 600m tall, panoramic views, glass viewing floor, a tower that features Shops, offices, cafes - imagine that!  There is such a place - Tokyo Skytree!  "Skytree is a Broadcasting Tower - Skytree transmits radio waves for digital terrestrial and other forms of broadcasting." (Info from the Tokyo Skytree guide).



Inspiration:  As you can see in the photo - the height of Skytree is well, awesome! I felt I needed to create the illusion of height when I designed my layout.  Graphic 45 - Bird Song Collection - Endless Spring is a gorgeous paper covered in umbrellas which look like they are being tossed around in the wind - another form of inspiration - keep reading, I will explain.... 


First, I chose the papers for my layout - Graphic 45 Bird Song Collection - Endless Spring and co-ordinating plain 12x12 papers. I cut strips of the G45 paper, strips of both blue papers, a strip and a larger piece of the brown paper - using the darker blue paper as my base page.  I then adhered these to my base page and also added ribbon running from the top of the page to the bottom - so along with the paper strips, the ribbon also adds to the illusion of height.

Next, I cut umbrellas, large and small - now when it is too windy in Tokyo - they close the top deck of  Skytree Tower for safety reasons - as it is sooo tall - you can actually feel the movement when you are in the Tower - this is why I was inspired by umbrellas blowing away in the wind and had to design my layout using this paper.



                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           I I placed the larger umbrellas on the left of my photo at the top of the page and the smaller umbrellas on the right of the page at the bottom - to draw your eye upwards - yes, to create the illusion of height!

The wording was cut from a Tokyo Skytree Guide and coated with Glossy accents.  I stamped at the top and bottom of the page 'Spooky Branch' from Stampscapes.  I have outlined some of the umbrellas with my black gel pen, and added Distress Stickles Rock Candy to some of the umbrellas. I also added a rhinestone to each of the umbrellas and a set of three rhinestones in two opposing corners of my layout.

This is one of the pages where I have not added a 'secret' tag - sorry if you have been looking! (I will be creating other layouts from our visit to Skytree - photos from inside the tower etc - so will be adding my personal information on those layouts)  - I have however added my heart brad and my LOVE.

Products used for this layout are:
  • Graphic 45 - Bird Song Collection - Endless Spring 12x12
  • Co-ordinating 12x12 plain papers
  • Distress Stickles - Rock Candy
  • Wording from brochure
  • Black gel pen
  • Ribbon, rhinestones and brad
  • Spooky Branch stamp by Stampscapes
  • Black inkpad
Be sure to visit Tokyo Skytree if you are ever in Tokyo - the views from the top deck are unbelievable!

Back soon,
Shell
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment