Tuesday, June 10, 2014

One for the BOYS!


Hi everyone! Today I am sharing with you a layout I created using the Fancy Pants Designs ‘Be Different’ range. This collection is full of bold patterns, cute monster characters and boyish sentiments…PERFECT for scrapping all those loud, cheeky boys in your life! (Like my own two little monsters!) ;)

This layout took me surprisingly little time. The bold patterns of this collection lend themselves to a more “graphic” style of scrapping, which I found much faster than my usual layer-upon-layer style, and I am really happy with the result.


It is easy to become intimidated or overwhelmed when using bold patterns. A simple way to use them effectively is to create a neutral space within the pattern to place your photos and embellishments. I did this by cutting a smaller piece of plain cardstock and then stitching it down. (Stitching is a great way to add subtle texture too!) I used the ‘Be Different– Too Cool’ paper for my background, as I love the chevron print.

In keeping with the graphic style I wanted to achieve, I kept the embellishments fairly simple and stuck to the coordinating pieces from the range. I LOVE the ‘Be Different '- Ephemera Pack', as it’s full of LOTS of fun elements that made this layout so simple to complete. (And the best part is, I still have heaps left!)




I love this little monster! I stuck him on using foam mounting tape for extra dimension. The star shaped chipboard button is from the ‘Be Different - Button Pack’


I also used tickets from the 'Be Different - Ticket Roll', which I simply stitched on…


I hope I have inspired you to tackle some of those daunting bold patterns, try a graphic style, or just create your own boy themed layout! Don’t forget you can always share your work with us on the Wild About Scrap Facebook page HERE – we would love to see what you create!

Cheers,
Sue P

No comments:

Post a Comment