Monday, June 9, 2014

Love To Shop.... In Tokyo...



Hello

I learnt something new yesterday - the reason why Graphic 45 is called Graphic 45... Do you know why?

In a nutshell - Graphic 45 is a Mother and 2 Daughter team - at the age of 45, the Mother went back to 'school' and studied Graphic Design - hence the name Graphic 45...  Inspiring isn't it?

On some paper designs it is quite clear to see which is the 'main side' and which is the back - on others not as clear.  In this case for my following layouts - I have actually used the other side! (I know this is the other side - as the paper is called "Shanghai Girls" - I have not used the side with the girls on hehe)

Oops, sorry forgot to mention - got side-tracked with my sharing my inspirational 'new knowledge' - I am using Graphic 45 Bird Song Collection - Shanghai Girls for the layouts.




I created these pages side by side - when I create layouts like this - I guess you could call it a double layout - I like to design them so that they can also stand alone if for some reason I need to separate them in my album.  The layout to the left is titled "Love to Shop" and below "In Tokyo" - so they work together as well as alone.
 

Inspiration:  I was inspired by the orange/red colours in the photos.  The Graphic 45 paper I had chosen is covered in flowers - so I felt more flowers would be too overpowering so Rosettes are the next best thing!


First I gathered all the basics to start my layouts - My Graphic 45 paper, co-ordinating plain 12x12 papers, Tim Holtz Dies - Mini Paper Rosettes and Elegant flourishes and some ribbon.





I then created my base page - by tearing plain shapes to suit the way I had laid out the photos.


Next I die-cut a heap of rosettes using Tim Holtz Alterations Sizzlit Die - Mini Paper Rosettes. Followed the instructions and created my rosettes. I mixed and matched the centres of the rosettes - to be able to co-ordinate the rosettes across both layouts. I also die-cut some flourishes using the Tim Holts Bigz Die - Elegant Flourishes.


Next I created both layouts - some rosettes here, some over there, flourishes here and ribbon there... 
 (Have you spotted my heart brads and my LOVE as yet?)


(What about my secret tags?)


For this layout - I tucked off-cuts from the rosettes under the torn edge of the paper in random places to continue the theme across both pages.


I added assorted rhinestone sizes to the centres of the rosettes and lastly Distress Stickles in Rock Candy to the flourishes and Glossy Accents to the wording (Tim Holtz Sizzlit - Chip Block Alphabet) on both layouts.

Products used to create both layouts:
  • Graphic 45 - Bird Song Collection - Shanghai Girls
  • Co-ordinating plain papers 12x12
  • Tim Holtz Alterations Sizzlit Die - Mini Paper Rosettes
  • Tim Holtz Alterations Bigz Die - Elegant Flourishes
  • Tim Holtz Alterations Sizzlit - Chip Block Alphabet
  • Distress Stickles - Rock Candy
  • Glossy Accents
  • Ribbon, rhinestones, brads
How do you create your double layouts? Can they stand alone or do they have to stay side-by-side in your albums? Do you often use the 'other side' of paper collections?

Thanks for visiting, come back soon

Shell
xox



No comments:

Post a Comment