Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Graphic 45 - Jasmine Dreams in 3D



Hi,

Graphic 45's designs are just so amazingly beautiful.  The Bird Song Collection has always been one of the most beautiful collections I have seen!  So when having to scrap my Japan holiday - these are the first papers I thought of!  I was so excited to create this next 'layout' I could not wait to show you....



I wish the photo would do it justice - the page looks so much better in real life.  I will just have to show you heaps of photos - are you ready????                     


Choose your papers - I used 3 of the Graphic 45 Jasmine Dreams from the Bird Song Collection and a 12x12 of black cardstock.


From your 1st sheet of paper cut off the border (keeping it intact - so use a sharp knife and a steel ruler) and cut the middle section into 4 more sections as shown.


I adhered the border onto my black cardstock with double sided tape and the added the two side panels and the bottom flower strip using 1 layer of mounting tape.


Next, I carefully cut around the main geisha - but not all the way around  (probably about 3/4 of the way around) - just in the section as shown above.


Next, When I adhered this panel - I added a double layer of tape (I wanted this layer to sit higher than the other sections I had already taped) to the outer part, and a triple layer of tape to the section with the geisha (you can just see her outline  in the photo). (This raised her up a level higher than the others).


I cut all three geisha(s) from the second sheet, and then proceeded to cut out all the other elements I wanted to add to the next layer - Mt Fuji, The Bridge, butterflies, some of the flowers, the scroll etc... I adhered these into position.  From the third sheet, I cut the geishas again and added these to my project. So for the final layout - the main geisha is actually a layer higher than the rest of the entire layout.


Next, I started to add my finishing touches - black Kindyglitz to the geishas' hair, Glossy Accents to the geishas' kimonos and butterflies.  I added Liquid Pearls to the flowers, Distress Stickles - Rock Candy to some of the flowers.  I carefully painted - with a fine brush part of the frame with a gold acrylic paint. 



Before I coated the kimono in Glossy accents, I used my JellyRoll Stardust pens to highlight the beautifully coloured details.


This photo is slightly blurry - but I have included it here - if you zoom in you can see the majority of the sparkle on this layout - which is really hard to capture in a photo!

The last few steps for this layout was to add the Graphic 45 unique papercrafting banner in the bottom right corner, I also placed under the left hand bottom corner the paper design name and number.  Gold rhinestones - square and round completed this gorgeous project.

I am placing this layout as my 'title page' (sounds like a school assignment!) in my Japan holiday album - so I plan to add just under My Fuji and the bridge - the wording Japan 2014.

Products used to create this fabulous project:
  • Graphic 45 - Bird Song Collection - Jasmine Dream 3 of 12x12 papers
  • 12x12 Black Cardstock
  • JellyRoll Stardust Pens - assorted colours
  • Glossy Accents
  • Black Kindyglitz
  • Gold Paint
  • Distress Stickles - Rock Candy
  • Liquid Pearls - Majestic Purple and White Opal
  • Rhinestones, brad
  • and of course bulk Mounting Tape!!!

Phew, I think I am at the end of this blog - hope you have enjoyed the journey!  I am not sure if you have noticed - Graphic 45 always brings out a 'Feature Page" for every collection - have you looked at the potential of the others....... Uh Oh - I think I have created a 3D monster!

Shell
xox



No comments:

Post a Comment