Saturday, June 14, 2014

Alice's Wardrobe....



Hi there,

Tea Party, Rabbit Hole, Wonderland, Alice....  Visions of a White Rabbit in a hurry, Alice reading, Alice shrinking and growing, Mad Hatters having a tea party.... Yes, I am talking about that Alice - Alice in Wonderland.

Have you seen any of the gorgeous Marion Smith Designs papers?  I was inspired for this project by one of the papers in the 6x6 Mad Tea Party range.



Isn't she gorgeous?  Do you remember the dress up paper doll cut-outs from when you were a child? I do! How much fun were they??
 
My next thought was that Alice needed a wardrobe and what could be better than one of Graphic 45s ATC Book Boxes? Perfect size!  So from being inspired by paper cut-outs and a Book Box 'wardrobe' this is what I created... 

Front View.

Back View

First, I selected different things from my stash of products, not quite sure at this stage what I was exactly going to create. I based my selection from the original story and thinking of how I could use different products to create my vision.


Papers, lots of chipboard, charms - keys, locks, Bling, Tim Holtz's Hangers...(I ended up adding more products to what I have shown here in the photo)

My next step was to add a drawer to the inside of the Book Box - I had a picture in my head of a necklace draped in the drawer, so I created a drawer from heavier card - as pictured.


Next, I decided which other papers to use and planned the placement of these for each panel, for the front and the back of the project. I inked the edges of these with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Antique Linen.
 
Adhere these into position.  Note, I added my wardrobe 'rung' before I adhered my two outside panels.  To create the rung - I used a kebab stick - I punched a hole in each side using my Crop-a-dile, poked the kebab stick through, cut to length and added some glossy accents to each end. The ends are hidden under the side paper panels.  I chose to position the rung towards the front of the wardrobe as I wanted to clearly see Alice's clothes hanging in the wardrobe. Too cute!




Painting my chipboard pieces was next - Alice's mirror, dressing table, the padlock for the wardobe door, dress form and the Dusty Attic Vintage 'large' chair.  For the Mirror I used - Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber - Red Pepper and I added glossy accents and glitter.  I painted the dressing table, padlock, dress form and chair with a mixture of white acrylic paint and Claudine Hellmuth's Studio paint in sable brown. I also spritzed the padlock with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Sugar Maple and coated with glossy accents. 


While the paint and Glossy Accents were drying, I cut out Alice's clothes and adhered them to the little hangers.


This photo shows Alice's carpet in her 'room'.  I used my fringing scissors to fringe the edge of the carpet.  This was the base for the whole project, so next I started positioning all the pieces together. I could show you a million (well, not really a million...) photos of close ups, but if you enlarge the top photo look for all these little features I have added:

A small Alice standing on the chair, next to the key.
A bottle labelled "Drink Me" at the base of the chair.
A teapot, cup and saucer on a mat, with the book Alice was reading when she fell asleep.
 A Beaded necklace draped in the drawer.
Alice's Mirror, Dress Form and Dressing Table.
Alice's many little outfits in her wardrobe.. she has more clothes than I do!
The Doily inside Alice's Wardrobe.
The White Rabbit and his fobwatch - tick, tock.
The large key, placed near the White Rabbit's flowers. 

The brass teapot charm at the front of the wardrobe, amongst the flowers.
The little outfits laying on the carpet at the back of the wardrobe.


Here are two close ups of the Dusty Attic Vintage Armchair - front and back views. I paper pieced the red cushion pieces to the front of the chair and faux stitched them with a black pen.  To the back of the chair I have added the Name of the paper range I have used and the Marion Smith Designs Logo.

Please leave comments on what you think of Alice's Wardrobe... I had so much fun creating this and I would like to hear your views....

Are you ready for this? The Product list, here goes...

  • Marion Smith Designs 6x6 paper pack - Mad Tea Party
  • Marion Smith Designs 12x12 Alice x 2
  • Red Cardstock
  • Graphic 45 ATC Book Box
  • Dusty Attic Nameplate #3 - (Mirror)
  • Dusty Attic Vintage Armchair
  • Craftworks Laser Cut Embellishments - Dressing Table
  • Kaisercraft Wood Flourishes - Padlock
  • Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Hanger Clips
  • Kebab Stick - wardrobe rung
  • Silver Paper - mirror
  • Want To Scrap - Fancy Waves Bling
  • My Favourite Things Dienamics Dizzy Doiley Die
  • Glossy Accents
  • Glitter
  • Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber - Red Pepper
  • Claudine Hellmuth Studio Acrylic paint - Sable Brown
  • White Acrylic paint
  • Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Sugar Maple
  • Assorted Ribbon
  • Small Ribbon Buckles
  • Small piece acetate for Fobwatch faces
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Antique Linen
  • Stampin' Up "Clockworks" for the fobwatches
  • Stampin' Up "French Foliage" for the detail on the chair
  • Chipboard Dress Form
  • Kaisercraft Flowers - Paper Blooms in Fire Red
  • Assorted other flowers and leaves 
  • Glitter Glue for the flowers
  • Assorted Rhinestones and brads
  • Gelly Roll Stardust Pen
  • Black Ink Pad
  • Crop-a-dile
  • Fringing Scissors
  • Assorted size circle punches for the fobwatches  
  • Charms - assorted size keys, teapots, cup and saucer 
  • Mushroom bead and beads for necklace

Phew, I think that's all!  This would have to be my favourite little creation on the whole project - Alice's Book!  Love it!


Happy reading,
Shell
xox



No comments:

Post a Comment