Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Photos Tags


Hi Guys, Karen with you again today. I wanted to share with you an idea today to get you thinking and maybe think a little beyond the normal adding photos to a layout.. How about adding them to a tag?

They would make a great little gift for a family member for a special occasion, a party invite, and thank you card, an inclusion for an Art journal, an addition to a scrapbook layout.. so many possibilities.


I started off by pulling out a few bits and pieces - pattern paper, ephemera, photos, tags, and embellishments.. these could be any pattern or colour at all.. I ended up working on my tag first then finding a photo to suit.

 
I then collaged my tag back, ground and added in lots of layers of ephemera, scraps of paper, journal tags, you name it, you can use all sort of things,  just add in as many layers as you'd like.  As always I added in a stitched border. Then came the hard part, well for me any way, finding a photo, I had so many that I wanted to use so it was hard. Finally I  chose one - a photo of my Mum when she was a little girl, it just makes me smile.. ( Please note that I've only used a copy my photo was not the  original, but a copy of the original. )  Like a lot of older photos there was lots of background so I fussy cut around her, and layered her on top of my background layer, added in a few embellishments,  and rub ons and I was done.. this is what I ended up with..
 
 
why not give it a go, it could make a nice little addition to your latest creation. 
 
 
Some links to a few of the things I used in my tag:
Thank you so much for stoping by, hope to see you again soon.. until then,
Happy Creating..
 
Karen xxx
 


No comments:

Post a Comment