Saturday, April 12, 2014

Mini Album / Journal - Prima Engraver and Prima Lifetime Collections




Good Morning,

Hope you are having a crafty day!!  I wish all days were crafty days!!  Today I have a Mini Album / Journal that I have created using some of the fantastic Papers from the Prima Ranges - Engraver and Lifetime.


 
I created the whole book from scratch - starting with a recycled cover from an old notebook which I cut to size for my front and back covers.  I inked the edges of these covers with a dark brown ink.  I then sorted through my papers - cutting them to various sizes as you can see in the photo - I chose to do this to use the papers to their best advantage with the different sized elements featured on some of the papers.  




 For example the pocket watch featured on this page.


Some of the other shaped elements such as the image below - I used as a pocket into which I added the smaller images  (the ones that were too small to bind as pages) cut into the shape of tags.



I used a few of my different border punches on the edges of the papers for an added feature to my album. I then organised the order I wanted for my papers and bound them into a book using my Zutter.  I tied short lengths of transparent white ribbon to the owires of the binding.


Below is a close up of the front cover.  The flower is created with Tim Holtz Dies Tattered Florals and Tattered Leaves.  I stamped onto the flowers and leaves with Distress Ink - Gathered Twigs - a Prima Cling Stamp - Script. The Flourish is die-cut with Tim Holtz - Elegant Flourishes.  I added a transparent white ribbon under the flower and a antique brad in the centre of the flower.   

                                        

The Clock is cut from one of the Prima Papers and the tickets are Tim Holtz Tickets, I lightly inked these with Gathered Twigs.  My gold sparkle gel pen and gold rhinestones add sparkle to my cover.

The products I have used to create my album / journal are:

  • Prima Marketing - Engraver Collection 12x12 - Cartouche
  • Prima Marketing - Engraver Collection 12x12 - Calligraphy
  • Prima Marketing - Engraver Collection 12x12 - Bank Note
  • Prima Marketing - Engraver Collection 12x12 - Cesello
  • Prima Marketing - Engraver Collection 12x12 - Arcade
  • Prima Marketing - Lifetime Collection 12x12 - Fasola
  • Prima Marketing - Lifetime Collection 12x12 - Yesterday
  • Tim Holtz Bigz Die - Tattered Florals
  • Tim Holtz Bigz Die - Tattered Leaves
  • Tim Holtz Bigz Die - Elegant Flourishes
  • Zutter Bind It All Tool and Owires
  • Tim Holtz Tags
  • Distress Ink - Gathered Twigs
  • Prima Marketing Stamp - Script
  • Ribbon, brad and rhinestones
  • Gold sparkle gel pen
  • Brown ink for the cover edging
  • Various Punches for the paper edging

Because of the neutral colouring of the Prima Papers in these collections the Mini Album / Journal could be used for many purposes -  It is even elegant enough to be used for engagement / wedding memories.

Enjoy the rest of your day,
Shell
xox


No comments:

Post a Comment