Saturday, April 26, 2014

Fancy Pants - Birthday Cards



Hello, I have been creating some very simple Birthday Cards using Fancy Pants papers which I had left-over from creating my Baby Albums.  With all three cards, I have kept them fairly simple by just adding minimal layers - so they will be great for posting in the mail.


One of the great things about handmade cards is, the fact you can use up lots of smaller pieces from your stash! 


The above card is created with Fancy Pants Paper from the Time for Spring range - Sweetner.  The way I have used the paper shows both sides of the double sided paper. I cut a line half-way on the right-hand side of the card and folded the paper back to reveal the other side, and then added a layer of the same paper underneath.  The dragonfly is a plastic button - which I have glued into position.



I used strips of Fancy Pants - Be You - Marbles, Fancy Pants - Time For Spring - Sweetner and Fancy Pants - Childish Things - Buddy.  Weaving is a really easy technique and it is very effective!


This Spotty Paper is from Fancy Pants - Be You - Marbles - great name for the paper!  On this card and the above card, I have used a neutral coloured button.

Products used for all 3 cards as follows:
  • Fancy Pants - Time for Spring - Sweetner
  • Fancy Pants - Be You - Marbles
  • Fancy Pants - Childish Things - Buddy
  • Pink, Burgundy, Kraft cardstock for card bases and layers
  • Martha Stewart Corner Punch
  • We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
  • Buttons - Dragonfly and Natural Buttons
  • Pearls - Plum and Hot Pink
  • Assorted Ribbon
  • Black Embossing Powder, Stamp and Punch for the wording
  • Marker for faux stitching
I enjoy making simple cards to fill up my card box for when you need a card quickly and it is also a great way to try out new techniques and products you have not tried before.

Back again soon
Shell
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment