Thursday, January 23, 2014

Cards using Tim Holtz Dies


Hi,

Three more Christmas Cards to show you - using  products leftover from the Dusty Attic Advent Calendar posted previously.

I have used Tim Holtz Dies on all of the following three cards....



Alterations Dies and On the Edge Dies...

 
The above card was made using the On The Edge Die Tree Line with a green card base.  I placed the die at one end of an A4 sheet of green card, measured and cut the card to this width and then ran it through the big shot.  I then scored the card just below where the tree line was and then trimmed the A4 to make the card normal card size - (Which means the Trees are on a flap of card which is folded up and taped into place).  Under the tops of the trees I have used mounting tape to make the tree tops appear 3 dimensional.  I attached a strip of the May Arts Reindeer ribbon to the bottom front of the card.  I applied Distress Stickles Picket Fence to the tops of the trees (and the snowflake) for a snow effect.  The snowflakes are cut from a Sizzix Snowflakes #3 Die - you could use any snowflake die or punch just as effectively eg Tim Holtz Mover and Shapers mini Snowflake set available from Wild About Scrap. A Star Brad holds the 2 snowflakes together. I made a sign for the Merry Christmas word sequin and added silver rhinestones on the top corners and 3 in the centre down the bottom. The background paper is from Echo Park's Tis the Season 6x6 Paper Pad.  



The background on this card is a 7 Gypsies - Santa's Journey - Gypsy Christmas 12x12 sheet.  The Lamppost is Tim Holtz Alterations Holiday Lamppost Die.  The Die actually has berries and holly leaves as well - I did not use these - I used Large Red Rhinestone and two leaves cut from May Arts Holly Leaves Green Ribbon.  I placed a small piece of gold metallic paper behind the lantern.  The wording is a Stampin Up Stamp which I black embossed.  The lamppost and the mounting for the background sheet are a dark chocolate cardstock. I added smaller red rhinestones in the corners.


 
The Holly is cut from a Tim Holtz Alterations Holly Branch Die - I used the 7 Gypsies paper from the above card for the leaves and the same dark chocolate cardstock for the branch and the mounting for the Echo Park background paper.  I applied Distress Stickles Rock Candy to the leaves for added effect.  A narrow strip of silver ribbon, red rhinestones for the berries and the corners and a black inked Christmas wording stamp completed this white based card.
 
Products I used available from Wild About Scrap:
 
-   7 Gypsies - Santa's Journey - Gypsy Christmas 12x12 Sheet
-   Echo Park 6x6 Tis the Season Paper Pad
-   Tim Holtz on the Edge Tree Line Die
-   May Arts Reindeer Ribbon
-   Ranger Stickles - Rock Candy, Picket Fence
-   May Arts Holly Leaves Green Ribbon
-   Tim Holtz Alterations - Holiday Lamppost Die
-   Tim Holtz Alterations - Holly Branch Die

Products I used from my own Stash:

-   White, Green and Dark Chocolate card stock
-   Sizzix Snowflake Die - see above for alternative
-   Star Brad
-   Merry Christmas Sequin
-   Rhinestones
-   Gold Metallic Paper
-   Black ink and Christmas Wording Stamp
-   Silver Ribbon

Wild About Scrap has a fantastic range of Tim Holtz Dies available!!

Enjoy the rest of your day
Shell
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment