Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Dream

Today I want to share a quick card, simple design but elegant. It's always nice to receive a special handmade card, just makes the occasion that little bit more special! So if the thought of creating a handmade greeting card becomes a little daunting try using a basic card layout design, lots available. It really isn't as difficult as it might seem. Using different patterned paper or embossing folders and changing the embellishments can change the focus of a card allowing you to use the same simple sketch design over and over :)



  • First step is to cut cardstock to the size you want. Mine is cut to 6x4 1/2 (folded)
  • Then I cut a piece of coredinations pastel a little smaller and ran it through my bigshot to emboss. 
  • Using my tool I lightly rubbed and sanded to help enhance the ebossing design. Lightly swiping with ink or chalk can also help 'pop' the embossing design.
  • I then took some ribbon from my stash and adhered it across the bottom
  • Then I placed a smaller blossom in the right hand corner and used a rubon on word. Voila!
Maybe this has inspired you to get a jump start on your Christmas card list :)

Have a great day, I am off to enjoy some of this lovely sunshine while it lasts!

Thanks for stopping by!

Sue xx

No comments:

Post a Comment