Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A Year in Time - March

March 2012 was a bit exciting as our friendly volcano Etna let off a fair bit of steam with some spectacular displays.  I caught this one on a Sunday morning as I was heading for breakfast in the local bar (always a good excuse for a croissant and cappuccino when you forget to buy milk!).  Of course, I had to turn right around and run back to the house for my camera.  This plume of ash eventually covered the sky until the sun was covered.  This photo and the others I took that day are my favourite photos taken here so far.
 
 
Products used:
  • Graphic 45 Place in Time - 8x8 - March Foundations & Cut-Aparts;
  • Graphic 45 Place in Time - Alpha Stickers;
  • Graphic 45 French Country - Abundance;
  • Bazzill Basics - Raven cardstock;
  • Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Boardwalk & Mardi Gras;
  • Pink Paislee Artisan - Circles
  • Tattered Angles Glimmer Glam - Orange Crush & Oil Slick;
  • Ranger Adirondack Colour Wash - Sailboat Blue;
  • Tim Holtz Distress Stains - Shaded Lilac, Squeezed Lemonade, Weathered Wood;
  • Tim Holtz idea-Ology - Journalling Ticket;
  • Tim Holtz idea-Ology - Adage Ticket;
  • Tim Holtz Distress Pens - for journaling and doodling;
  • Mesh Ribbon;
  • Prima Flowers;
  • Buttons.
The purple and green theme for March really didn't go with my photo so I decided to make my own background.  Using the Foundations page I then spritzed with Ranger Adirondack Colour Wash and Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist to make the background blue with a hint of grey (for the ash) and purple for the already existing March flowers.
 
 
The Mesh Ribbon used in the background was originally white, but has been coloured using Tim Holtz Distress Stains.
 
The Pink Paislee Artisan range are a lot of fun. I literally slapped the Glimmer Glam on randomly, first the black then the orange and then some more black. In between drying with my heat gun. It was fast and easy and I now have an element totally unique for this page. I'm definitely going to be using these a lot more and will try for a tutorial for those who don't know what to do with them including me - I'm still learning. :)
 
 
This is a real learning process for me with this album.  I was very surprised at how much of a difference there is between 12x12 and 8x8.  With the first 2 months I know I tried to fit too much in.  Originally wanting to add even more photos.  This time I decided it was a perfect opportunity to showcase one special photo. 

For those of you wondering, no I haven't added my pages to the Easel yet as I need to find a spiral holepunch first!  Owning a store doesn't mean I have all the supplies for my own use...unfortunately.

Pretty much all supplies are available instore at Wild About Scrap.  Keep checking the blog as more projects will be uploaded soon including a tutorial on creating Art Journals by DT Member Sue Down.  I am currently experimenting with watercolouring using Tim Holtz Distress Pens....experimenting is probably a good word.  Nothing worth publishing yet, but maybe soon :)

Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment