Saturday, April 27, 2013

March 2012- A Year In Time

 
March is my birthday month .. and I have to wait until the very last day to celebrate !!  Last year I enjoyed a wonderful dinner out with my lovely family at a divine Italian restaurant in Glen Waverley.  I decided to use these pics of my husband Craig as they are happy shots !
 
Love the mauve and purple tones in the March pages - so went with those!!
Here is what I did
1- Used the March Foundation page from Graphic 45 A Place In Time - 8x8 Pad
2- Added a cream doiley heart
3- Cut some strips of green and purple pages in the Core'dinations- 6x6 Vintage Collection and ran them through 3 or 4 different embossing folders- script, music, flourishes, dots .Then I used a scallop square punch to punch out some 'inchies'.  The inchies were distressed to reveal the embossing event more
4- arranged the inchies in a 3x3 pattern - the lighter mauve ones are the reverse side of the purple card.
5- Added my photos, the cute as little postage stamps from the March Cut Aparts Page, The journalling card from the Calendar foundations page and some words form the Sentiments page
6- Using the Want To Scrap - Say It with Pearls - lavender, I added accent to the doiley heart. These were also used in the centre of the flowers
7- I punched some leaves and then painted them with the GORGEOUS Smooch Ink in Kiwi - this gives a beautiful shimmer - which may not show up in the close ups !
8- I arranged some flowers, added some florist wire to make the leave branches - adhered the leaves with glue dots to the wire and page  Tied the bouquet together with some ribbon.
The smooch Ink can be seen better in these photos!
Aren't the postage stamps too cute !!??
I must say purple and green are not usually colours I would normally work with , but it is always good to challenge yourself !! I was determined the make them work !!:)
Might make some cards or something OTP with the leftovers form the Jan Feb and March papers as they are too good bot to use up !!  So watch this blog
Till next time

Sharon xxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment