Thursday, December 20, 2012

Nutcracker Wall Hanging


Love it when the postie drops off another parcel and its from Veronica at Wild About Scrap, just know its going to be filled with yummy goodies from the store! Veronica never disappoints, this months DT kit is jam packed with lots of beautiful products but one just jumped out.  Graphic45 Nutcracker Sweet Collection,  what a beautiful range of paper. So getting into the Christmas festive theme I decided to make a timeless Wall Hanging which I can reuse each year :)


Firstly using everyday cardboard as the base and peeling the top layer to expose the corigated inner, I cut it into a large circle. Everyday dinner plates come in handy not only for eating from. I then had fun grunging it up with my prima distress tool followed by spreading Jo Sonja's texture paste around the edges which I let dry (you could use a heat gun) then I inked with TH distress inks - Dusty Concord and Vintage Photo and added some metallic rub-ons finishing with a spritz of Marshmellow glimmermist giving it a snowlike shimmer. I layered purple bazzill which again I used my distressing tool ( just looove this tool ) all around the edges before adding the top layer of gorgeous Graphic45 Nutcraker Sweet Collection paper. This too I distresses, inked, sanded and spritzed with the above mentioned TH distress inks and glimmermist! It's a little hard to see but it really has a beauiful shimmer to the paper :) I added a touch of vintage lace, glueing it around the edge.The flower spray consists of die cuts which I cut out using TH Festive Greenery die (love this die and don't use it nearly enough!), Prima Cartier Aquinna blossom and left over Prima spray off cuts, string of pearls and two handmade hat pins. Lastly adding some copper antique chain and a few charms and beads so I could hang it.


Thanks for popping by, still have lots to play with and will be back with a few more projects over the next few days :)

Wishing everyone and their families a very Merry Christmas and a safe prosperous New Year! and remember to go fill your Santa's wish list with some of the many products avaiable at Wild About Scrap store.

Until next time Stay Safe!

Sue
xx

2 comments: