Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A card or two

It's been cold out and we all know that means great crafting weather inside by the warm fire staying dry and that's exactly what I decided to do. I was able catch up on some DT work and made not one but two cards! Cards really aren't my thing although I did enjoy making them for a change, using up some of my wonderful kit from this month and last month from Wild About Scrap and there is still tones left!



Moxxie - Nautical - Set Sail
Dusty Attic Anchors
Bazzill Card

Using Moxxie Set Sail paper I used TH alterations movers & shapers and cut out a baroque trying to keep the word 'sail' central, adhering this to the reverse of the Moxxie nautical paper and adhering both to blue Bazzill card. I then inked the DA anchor with distress ink and applied Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam and UTEE'd for texture. I wound some rope-like twine around the top of the anchor then added a charm and mini tag. Finishing off with some bakers twine, button and a "Happy Birthday' banner.



Moxxie - Natuical - Set Sail, reverse
Echo Park - This & That 6x6 
Bazzill Card

Sometimes papers clash or are just that little bit too bright as was EP This & That Graceful so I applied a medium to dull it a little. Easily achieved by whitewashing in this case with Jenni Bowlin Malted Milk dabber paint. I then stamped with TH Bird on a branch with distress ink - Black Soot and matted on black bazzill. I  love to use machine stitching so added it along the edge. Mounting the image onto Moxxie Nautical reverse and adding some RagWeave material strip from my stash and making a flower from EP This & That using TH Tattered Flower Garland die spritzed with Tattered Angels Mist - Lemongrass. Finishing with 'thinking of you' stamp.

That time of the year is approaching fast and Wild About Scrap are having an ** End of YEAR STOCKTAKE Clearance ** so make sure you pop on over and check out all the awesome specials and don't forget to tell your friends!! :)

hugs,
Sue
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment